The Top 10 Great Essay Topics On Community Service
Whether you are taking a course in high school or college, you are bound to receive an assignment to write a research paper. Depending on the course you are taking, you will have to choose a topic before you can do any work on the project. If you have complete freedom in choosing a topic, community service is a broad category that is full of interesting ideas. Here are the top 10 essay topics for anyone who is writing a research paper about community service:
- Should high school students be required to complete community service hours in order to graduate? There are many community schools that have been debating this topic for many years. As the idea goes in and out of style, one thing is certain: high school learn more when they volunteer at a local organization than they often learn in the classroom.
- Is community service a proper punishment for some crimes? Some people say that the punishment should fit the crime, but is community service a punishment? Many people see it as an enjoyable way to give back to a community.
- What group of people is the most likely to do community service work? Why? Working adults often do not have time to give back to their community, but some are finding unique ways to do so.
- Professional athletes should be required to give to community service organizations in their hometown or team town. With all of the money and off-season time, many people believe that professional athletes should set the bar for the rest of the community.
- Does donating money count as community service? If you cannot give your time, is money acceptable?
- What happens when a community service organization goes wrong? Some organizations end up abusing the system and it can hurt the volunteers and the people they help.
- What community service organizations are the most vital to a properly functioning community? Health care? Food banks? Child care? Teen programs? Who is to say what is necessary?
- Are charter schools community service organizations? Public schools are non-profit agencies that can benefit from people giving time, but what about the fact that most charter schools are for-profit institutions?
- Are there too many community service organizations? How are people supposed to know about them all? What is the saturation point?
- Do volunteer hours help students find paying jobs? Why or why not?