Where To Find A Proper Example Of An Informative Essay
The purpose of an informative essay is to educate or inform your intended audience on a specific topic, rather than present your actual opinion. It can be difficult for many students to avoid injecting their own personal observations into the writing, but it is essential that the evidence is presented objectively.
Often, while writing an informative essay, the following points are usually the aim of this three to five page paper:
- Give the definition of a complex term
- Teach readers how to apply knowledge or solve a problem
- Clearly explain something that many people are unaware of
- Present information on the latest research done on a particular subject
- Analyze the cause and effect type of relationship
- Take two opposing viewpoints and contrast and compare them
In order to properly understand how an informative essay is to be written, it is very helpful to look at how it has been done by someone else. There are numerous places you can look in your search for the perfect example, but here are some of the most popular:
- Writer's handbooks: Even if you have no ambition to make writing your life's work, buying one of these books is a valuable resource for examples and instructions on how to properly write anything you can imagine. If you don't want to spend the money, most libraries have copies which you can easily borrow.
- How-to websites: There are numerous different how-to websites on the net. They give step-by-step instructions on exactly what needs to be done in order to complete a certain process, ending with how something should look.
- Online study skills websites: There are plenty of free websites where you can brush up on skills in a variety of subjects. Sites which are dedicated to literary subjects always have examples of different types of writing that you are likely to find useful.
- University website archives: This is the best place to find examples that have been turned in and marked. All universities keep them in the library archives and the main benefit to grabbing your example from here is that it will all the exact requirements of your school.
- Search engines: When you are unable to find anything through other means, simply search for keyword terms such as "informative essay examples". In order to make it more relevant to you, consider adding in the subject you are writing on.